The NBA is committed to economic inclusion by identifying minority-, women-, LGBT-, and veteran-owned and other diverse businesses among the suppliers with whom we work. We partner with certifying agencies such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) to help expand our reach. Our goal is to maximize participation by diverse suppliers through the development of mutually beneficial business relationships.
Our policy of engaging diverse suppliers is a reflection of our commitment to broader diversity and inclusion efforts and to the communities where we work and live. We understand that when diverse suppliers succeed, the communities they serve share the benefits.
Doing Business with the NBA
The following is a list of useful information every business owner should know before developing a partnership with the NBA:
- Be familiar with the game and our league. Knowledge of current issues and events can give your business a competitive advantage.
- Be realistic. Understand the scope of the opportunity you are seeking and your capacity to provide those services on a broad scale. The NBA is a world-class brand and the demand to do business with us is high.
- Know the competition. Be cognizant of who your competitors are and be prepared to highlight differentiators for your business.
- Get certified. The NBA encourages diverse business to be certified by one of our preferred certifying agencies when possible.
To be considered a diverse-owned business by the NBA, suppliers must be 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more of the following:
- Ethnic Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Business Enterprise (LGBTBE)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
Suppliers that meet one or more of those criteria are encouraged to register via our supplier portal.
If you are interested in providing services for NBA All-Star , you can click here to learn more about the services we use and our process.
For more information about supplier diversity at the NBA, please contact NBASupplierDiversity@nba.com.